I love Google and use almost all of their apps, but some things just bug me. Especially seemingly simple things and how all of their services are tied together (or not tied together). I’d like not to have to use other apps or services to manage or hack (e.g. gmarks or Remember the Milk). I use the Toolbar, Gmail, Reader, Notes, Docs & Spreadsheets, Blogger, Calendar, Webmaster Tools, Analytics, AdWords, AdSense, Chrome, and try out most if not all of everything else they offer.
- Add “Blog This” to Google Reader for a one click posting to my blog.
- Have shared items show up in “your shared stuff” page.
- Let me edit urls.
- Allow for a public html page (sort of like delicious) so I don’t have to log into Google to access my bookmarks. Preferably set some to private and others public.
- Allow subfolders or sub tags for better organization.
- Allow for more than one account to access and update so my wife and I can maintain one photo gallery. This applies to both the desktop software and the online pages.
- I know this kind of goes against one the things Gmail is all about, but have a “traditional” view so e-mails aren’t grouped by conversation. It’s a pain in the neck and hard to follow when a conversation is forwarded and there are several threads with the same subject.
- Give me a simple to do list feature. Nothing fancy.
- Let me share calendar items, bookmarks, Picasa items, blog entries, reader items.
- Use the same profile info as my main Google account profile. Instead of updating separate profiles.
- I HATE the blogs I follow feature. C’mon. Let me manage this through Google Reader instead of having to import and maintain 2 lists.
- For the love of God, integrate the Google Toolbar!